Burglars broke into the Golf Dome at Currie Park last week, taking snacks and damaging the structure and a golf cart.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers responding to a report that a gas line had been cut on a golf cart at the Milwaukee County park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, Friday morning learned a 3-foot hole had been cut into the dome. Damage is estimated at $500.
All of the soda, chips and candy bars had been removed from two vending machines. Some of the items were strewn about the ground, but Golf Dome staff members estimated that the burglars left with 80 bottles of soda and 175 packs of chips and candy bars.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue