Burglars broke into the Golf Dome at Currie Park last week, taking snacks and damaging the structure and a golf cart.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers responding to a report that a gas line had been cut on a golf cart at the Milwaukee County park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, Friday morning learned a 3-foot hole had been cut into the dome. Damage is estimated at $500.
All of the soda, chips and candy bars had been removed from two vending machines. Some of the items were strewn about the ground, but Golf Dome staff members estimated that the burglars left with 80 bottles of soda and 175 packs of chips and candy bars.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16