A 21-year-old Milwaukee man told police he was texting via cell phone when he drove his car into a railing at 66th and Lloyd streets at 1:27 a.m. Saturday. The entire front end of his vehicle was suspended over the drop-off to the creek in the Washington Highlands neighborhood, according to police.
Also according to the report:
The driver and his brother were standing outside the car, which was still running and had all the doors open when police arrived. The man said they had been driving home from a bar, but gotten lost in the area. The man smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech. His blood-alcohol content was 0.09.
The man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for inattentive driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director