A 21-year-old Milwaukee man told police he was texting via cell phone when he drove his car into a railing at 66th and Lloyd streets at 1:27 a.m. Saturday. The entire front end of his vehicle was suspended over the drop-off to the creek in the Washington Highlands neighborhood, according to police.
Also according to the report:
The driver and his brother were standing outside the car, which was still running and had all the doors open when police arrived. The man said they had been driving home from a bar, but gotten lost in the area. The man smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech. His blood-alcohol content was 0.09.
The man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for inattentive driving.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?