A 21-year-old Milwaukee man told police he was texting via cell phone when he drove his car into a railing at 66th and Lloyd streets at 1:27 a.m. Saturday. The entire front end of his vehicle was suspended over the drop-off to the creek in the Washington Highlands neighborhood, according to police.
Also according to the report:
The driver and his brother were standing outside the car, which was still running and had all the doors open when police arrived. The man said they had been driving home from a bar, but gotten lost in the area. The man smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech. His blood-alcohol content was 0.09.
The man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for inattentive driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?