A 21-year-old Milwaukee man told police he was texting via cell phone when he drove his car into a railing at 66th and Lloyd streets at 1:27 a.m. Saturday. The entire front end of his vehicle was suspended over the drop-off to the creek in the Washington Highlands neighborhood, according to police.
Also according to the report:
The driver and his brother were standing outside the car, which was still running and had all the doors open when police arrived. The man said they had been driving home from a bar, but gotten lost in the area. The man smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech. His blood-alcohol content was 0.09.
The man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for inattentive driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)