A 21-year-old Milwaukee man told police he was texting via cell phone when he drove his car into a railing at 66th and Lloyd streets at 1:27 a.m. Saturday. The entire front end of his vehicle was suspended over the drop-off to the creek in the Washington Highlands neighborhood, according to police.
Also according to the report:
The driver and his brother were standing outside the car, which was still running and had all the doors open when police arrived. The man said they had been driving home from a bar, but gotten lost in the area. The man smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech. His blood-alcohol content was 0.09.
The man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for inattentive driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?