A retail store that specializes in fairly traded and eco-friendly products has opened in Wauwatosa.
At Fair Trade for All, 8730 W. North Ave., shoppers can find an eclectic mix of goods made in developing countries. Costa Rican coffee, silk clothing from Nepal, candleholders from Haiti and carvings from Kenya are some of the products sold there.
Fair trade is a movement that promotes standards for international labor such as better working conditions, fair prices for products and no child labor.
The store is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23