A retail store that specializes in fairly traded and eco-friendly products has opened in Wauwatosa.
At Fair Trade for All, 8730 W. North Ave., shoppers can find an eclectic mix of goods made in developing countries. Costa Rican coffee, silk clothing from Nepal, candleholders from Haiti and carvings from Kenya are some of the products sold there.
Fair trade is a movement that promotes standards for international labor such as better working conditions, fair prices for products and no child labor.
The store is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28