A retail store that specializes in fairly traded and eco-friendly products has opened in Wauwatosa.
At Fair Trade for All, 8730 W. North Ave., shoppers can find an eclectic mix of goods made in developing countries. Costa Rican coffee, silk clothing from Nepal, candleholders from Haiti and carvings from Kenya are some of the products sold there.
Fair trade is a movement that promotes standards for international labor such as better working conditions, fair prices for products and no child labor.
The store is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?