A retail store that specializes in fairly traded and eco-friendly products has opened in Wauwatosa.
At Fair Trade for All, 8730 W. North Ave., shoppers can find an eclectic mix of goods made in developing countries. Costa Rican coffee, silk clothing from Nepal, candleholders from Haiti and carvings from Kenya are some of the products sold there.
Fair trade is a movement that promotes standards for international labor such as better working conditions, fair prices for products and no child labor.
The store is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council