A retail store that specializes in fairly traded and eco-friendly products has opened in Wauwatosa.
At Fair Trade for All, 8730 W. North Ave., shoppers can find an eclectic mix of goods made in developing countries. Costa Rican coffee, silk clothing from Nepal, candleholders from Haiti and carvings from Kenya are some of the products sold there.
Fair trade is a movement that promotes standards for international labor such as better working conditions, fair prices for products and no child labor.
The store is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal