The chef and owner of Il Mito restaurant in Wauwatosa was sentenced Friday to four months in a halfway house and four months home confinement for filing false tax returns and structuring bank transactions.
Michael Feker, formerly known as Mohammad Daghighfekr, entered a guilty plea to the two felony counts in June. U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman also levied a $2,000 fine and 16 months probation after his confinement, according to a member of Adelman's staff.
Federal sentencing guidelines called for eight to 14 months in prison, according to the plea agreement. The prosecutor recommended a sentence of four months in prison and four months of home confinement, it says. Feker agreed to pay $37,000 prior to sentencing.
Feker has operated restaurants in Milwaukee for nearly a decade, including Il Mito when it was on W. Virginia St. and Los Mitos on N. Jefferson St.
He currently runs Il Mito Trattoria e Enoteca, 6913 W. North Ave., and the School of Culinary Magic next door.
According to the plea agreement, Feker underreported his income between 2001 and 2005, failing to pay taxes of between $12,500 and $30,000 during that time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality