Enrollment in Wauwatosa's summer school program increased 18 percent this year, according to district data.
A total of 2,470 students participated in this year's program, 373 more than last year. Of those students, 74 do not attend Wauwatosa schools, up from 25 students in summer 2008.
The six-week program offered 56 courses from June 22 through July 31. Offerings ranged from enrichment and advancement classes to remedial and makeup opportunities. Students took 6,455 classes this year, an increase of 31 percent over last year
Classes were held at a west campus at Eisenhower Elementary School and Wauwatosa West High School, and an east campus at Lincoln Elementary School and Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 18
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Developers want city help for Wauwatosa housing project on Underwood Ave.
- Wauwatosa's 10 Days in Tosa is in full swing