Enrollment in Wauwatosa's summer school program increased 18 percent this year, according to district data.
A total of 2,470 students participated in this year's program, 373 more than last year. Of those students, 74 do not attend Wauwatosa schools, up from 25 students in summer 2008.
The six-week program offered 56 courses from June 22 through July 31. Offerings ranged from enrichment and advancement classes to remedial and makeup opportunities. Students took 6,455 classes this year, an increase of 31 percent over last year
Classes were held at a west campus at Eisenhower Elementary School and Wauwatosa West High School, and an east campus at Lincoln Elementary School and Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa to participate in "Click It or Ticket" enforcement
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan