Enrollment in Wauwatosa's summer school program increased 18 percent this year, according to district data.
A total of 2,470 students participated in this year's program, 373 more than last year. Of those students, 74 do not attend Wauwatosa schools, up from 25 students in summer 2008.
The six-week program offered 56 courses from June 22 through July 31. Offerings ranged from enrichment and advancement classes to remedial and makeup opportunities. Students took 6,455 classes this year, an increase of 31 percent over last year
Classes were held at a west campus at Eisenhower Elementary School and Wauwatosa West High School, and an east campus at Lincoln Elementary School and Wauwatosa East High School.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)