Starting today, the southbound bridge on Mayfair Road will closed until spring, and traffic from Watertown Plank to Walnut roads will move to the northbound bridge.
One northbound and two southbound lanes will be provided on the northbound bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is performing rehabilitation work to the bridge, a project that began construction in late July 2009 and will be completed in June 2010.
The DOT cautions drivers to slow down in construction zones because traffic fines double in these areas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Pedestrian killed in crash at Bluemound and Mayfair roads
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 25
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa's Fair Trade is a retail shop in the 'helping people' sector
- Business Notes: Sept. 25
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village