Starting today, the southbound bridge on Mayfair Road will closed until spring, and traffic from Watertown Plank to Walnut roads will move to the northbound bridge.
One northbound and two southbound lanes will be provided on the northbound bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is performing rehabilitation work to the bridge, a project that began construction in late July 2009 and will be completed in June 2010.
The DOT cautions drivers to slow down in construction zones because traffic fines double in these areas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series