Starting today, the southbound bridge on Mayfair Road will closed until spring, and traffic from Watertown Plank to Walnut roads will move to the northbound bridge.
One northbound and two southbound lanes will be provided on the northbound bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is performing rehabilitation work to the bridge, a project that began construction in late July 2009 and will be completed in June 2010.
The DOT cautions drivers to slow down in construction zones because traffic fines double in these areas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26