Starting today, the southbound bridge on Mayfair Road will closed until spring, and traffic from Watertown Plank to Walnut roads will move to the northbound bridge.
One northbound and two southbound lanes will be provided on the northbound bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is performing rehabilitation work to the bridge, a project that began construction in late July 2009 and will be completed in June 2010.
The DOT cautions drivers to slow down in construction zones because traffic fines double in these areas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28