Wauwatosa — Neighborhood groups are being formed to teach residents how to use energy more efficiently and to reduce consumption.
The city's Energy Committee and the Neighborhood Association Council will form the groups, which will meet every two weeks for five or six sessions. The sessions will cover energy efficiency, reducing water use and waste, transportation and food.
An organizational meeting is set for Oct. 20 at Cranky Al's Bakery & Pizza, 6901 W. North Ave. Social time will start at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7.
For continuing coverage of energy, follow "Plugged In," the blog of Journal Sentinel energy writer Thomas Content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30