Wauwatosa — Neighborhood groups are being formed to teach residents how to use energy more efficiently and to reduce consumption.
The city's Energy Committee and the Neighborhood Association Council will form the groups, which will meet every two weeks for five or six sessions. The sessions will cover energy efficiency, reducing water use and waste, transportation and food.
An organizational meeting is set for Oct. 20 at Cranky Al's Bakery & Pizza, 6901 W. North Ave. Social time will start at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7.
For continuing coverage of energy, follow "Plugged In," the blog of Journal Sentinel energy writer Thomas Content.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?