Wauwatosa — Neighborhood groups are being formed to teach residents how to use energy more efficiently and to reduce consumption.
The city's Energy Committee and the Neighborhood Association Council will form the groups, which will meet every two weeks for five or six sessions. The sessions will cover energy efficiency, reducing water use and waste, transportation and food.
An organizational meeting is set for Oct. 20 at Cranky Al's Bakery & Pizza, 6901 W. North Ave. Social time will start at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7.
For continuing coverage of energy, follow "Plugged In," the blog of Journal Sentinel energy writer Thomas Content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (5)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3