Wauwatosa — Neighborhood groups are being formed to teach residents how to use energy more efficiently and to reduce consumption.
The city's Energy Committee and the Neighborhood Association Council will form the groups, which will meet every two weeks for five or six sessions. The sessions will cover energy efficiency, reducing water use and waste, transportation and food.
An organizational meeting is set for Oct. 20 at Cranky Al's Bakery & Pizza, 6901 W. North Ave. Social time will start at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7.
For continuing coverage of energy, follow "Plugged In," the blog of Journal Sentinel energy writer Thomas Content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts (1)
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11