A fire Friday night caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to a house at 11745 Underwood Parkway, the Wauwatosa Fire Department said.
The fire was reported just after 9 p.m. Friday and when firefighters arrived about 3 minutes after getting the call they saw flames shooting through the home's roof, the department said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
The residents were not at home when the fire broke out, the department said.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, but it does not appear to be suspicious, the department said.
The house had just undergone significant renovation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police object to idea that would limit use of license-plate imaging technology
- Wauwatosa looks for safe way to run crossing guard program
- Wauwatosa pursues bike sharing stations
- Tosa Wine & Spirits staff enjoys its new home
- School administrators to get smaller pay bumps
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot