A fire Friday night caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to a house at 11745 Underwood Parkway, the Wauwatosa Fire Department said.
The fire was reported just after 9 p.m. Friday and when firefighters arrived about 3 minutes after getting the call they saw flames shooting through the home's roof, the department said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
The residents were not at home when the fire broke out, the department said.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, but it does not appear to be suspicious, the department said.
The house had just undergone significant renovation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 4
- On The Move: September 4
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students