A fire Friday night caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to a house at 11745 Underwood Parkway, the Wauwatosa Fire Department said.
The fire was reported just after 9 p.m. Friday and when firefighters arrived about 3 minutes after getting the call they saw flames shooting through the home's roof, the department said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
The residents were not at home when the fire broke out, the department said.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, but it does not appear to be suspicious, the department said.
The house had just undergone significant renovation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa