A fire Friday night caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to a house at 11745 Underwood Parkway, the Wauwatosa Fire Department said.
The fire was reported just after 9 p.m. Friday and when firefighters arrived about 3 minutes after getting the call they saw flames shooting through the home's roof, the department said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
The residents were not at home when the fire broke out, the department said.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, but it does not appear to be suspicious, the department said.
The house had just undergone significant renovation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern