Wauwatosa — The Common Council on Tuesday rejected a proposal to reduce its size from 16 aldermen to 10.
The aldermen considered sending the proposal to a committee, which would have recommended whether to hold a voter referendum. But in the end they voted, 11-4, to kill the proposal.
Wauwatosa has two aldermen in each of eight districts, making it the largest city council in Milwaukee County.
The other largest councils are Milwaukee (15 aldermen), Glendale (12) and West Allis (10).
For more on this story, visit WauwatosaNOW.com.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!