Wauwatosa — The Common Council on Tuesday rejected a proposal to reduce its size from 16 aldermen to 10.
The aldermen considered sending the proposal to a committee, which would have recommended whether to hold a voter referendum. But in the end they voted, 11-4, to kill the proposal.
Wauwatosa has two aldermen in each of eight districts, making it the largest city council in Milwaukee County.
The other largest councils are Milwaukee (15 aldermen), Glendale (12) and West Allis (10).
For more on this story, visit WauwatosaNOW.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school