Wauwatosa — The Common Council on Tuesday rejected a proposal to reduce its size from 16 aldermen to 10.
The aldermen considered sending the proposal to a committee, which would have recommended whether to hold a voter referendum. But in the end they voted, 11-4, to kill the proposal.
Wauwatosa has two aldermen in each of eight districts, making it the largest city council in Milwaukee County.
The other largest councils are Milwaukee (15 aldermen), Glendale (12) and West Allis (10).
For more on this story, visit WauwatosaNOW.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?