Wauwatosa residents may receive calls on their home or cell phones this fall inquiring about health issues in hopes of tracking trend data, identifying risk factors for disease and opportunities for prevention and health care cost reductions, and help health departments and nonprofit organizations create programs and services to meet the community's most pressing needs.
Wauwatosa Health Department, Aurora Health Care, and the Center for Urban Population Health Research are conducting a community health survey of about 400 randomly selected residents, according to a Health Department news release.
Callers will ask questions on issues such as access to health care, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, physical activity, cancer prevention, heart health, immunizations and mental health.
The survey will take about 18 minutes to complete and respondents will remain anonymous. An independent research firm will conduct the survey. For phones with caller ID, the screen will show "Management Decisions."
The Wauwatosa survey is part of a broader initiative Aurora spearheaded across 30 communities in eastern Wisconsin in 2003. In total, more than 16,000 adults were surveyed. Follow-up surveys are being conducted to updated data.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa