A student was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after he converted two markers into knives and brought them to Whitman Middle School on Thursday.
The 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was overheard showing the makeshift knives to a fellow student about 9 a.m., according to a Wauwatosa Police Department report.
An administrator confronted the student, who denied the accusation, and confiscated one of the markers. When she took off the bottom of the marker, she found a knife blade. The other marker was found in the trash with a nail file attached.
The boy, who is in eighth grade, said he collects knives. So when he saw a video online showing how to make marker knives, he gave it a try. He carried the marker knives in his pants pocket.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director