A student was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after he converted two markers into knives and brought them to Whitman Middle School on Thursday.
The 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was overheard showing the makeshift knives to a fellow student about 9 a.m., according to a Wauwatosa Police Department report.
An administrator confronted the student, who denied the accusation, and confiscated one of the markers. When she took off the bottom of the marker, she found a knife blade. The other marker was found in the trash with a nail file attached.
The boy, who is in eighth grade, said he collects knives. So when he saw a video online showing how to make marker knives, he gave it a try. He carried the marker knives in his pants pocket.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum