A student was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after he converted two markers into knives and brought them to Whitman Middle School on Thursday.
The 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was overheard showing the makeshift knives to a fellow student about 9 a.m., according to a Wauwatosa Police Department report.
An administrator confronted the student, who denied the accusation, and confiscated one of the markers. When she took off the bottom of the marker, she found a knife blade. The other marker was found in the trash with a nail file attached.
The boy, who is in eighth grade, said he collects knives. So when he saw a video online showing how to make marker knives, he gave it a try. He carried the marker knives in his pants pocket.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa