Wauwatosa police say a 16-year-old Milwaukee boy grabbed a woman’s purse through a car window and engaged in a tug-of-war with the owner over the purse before making off with it. He was arrested for strong-arm robbery for the incident at 10: 38 a.m. Sept. 25, about a half-hour after it occurred.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was sitting alone in her parked car, sending text messages, in the 8700 block of West Blue Mound Road. She looked up when she heard the boy yell “excuse me” from the opposite side of the street, but went back to texting.
The boy approached her car and asked for a cigarette. The woman, sitting in the driver seat, partially lowered the passenger-side window to pass him a cigarette. He asked if he could hang out with her, and said “no.” The boy then grabbed the purse, which was sitting on the passenger seat.
She also grabbed the purse, and the two struggled over it; however, the boy ultimately got the bag. As the boy ran off, she left her car and immediately saw a police officer. She stopped him and informed him of the robbery. The boy was arrested in the 200 block of North 86th Street.
One of her fingers was cut during the struggle for the purse.
The purse contained a dollar, credit cards, a check book, ID cards and a rosary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools