A man described by police as "the main drug dealer" for many Wauwatosa high school students is sitting in jail and facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to deliver.
Jonathon "Fatty" Silver, 22, of Milwaukee, was arrested after police received a tip that he had allegedly been selling drugs to local students.
According to a criminal complaint:
Police executed a search warrant at Silver's house Sept. 2 and found 348 grams of marijuana in a bedroom safe, as well as numerous cell phones, equipment used to distribute drugs, and documents detailing drug sales.
During an interview with police, Silver estimated he had sold a pound of marijuana per week for the six weeks since he had been sentenced to probation for other drug-related crimes.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday. If convicted, he could face up to $10,000 in fines and 10 years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11