A man described by police as "the main drug dealer" for many Wauwatosa high school students is sitting in jail and facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to deliver.
Jonathon "Fatty" Silver, 22, of Milwaukee, was arrested after police received a tip that he had allegedly been selling drugs to local students.
According to a criminal complaint:
Police executed a search warrant at Silver's house Sept. 2 and found 348 grams of marijuana in a bedroom safe, as well as numerous cell phones, equipment used to distribute drugs, and documents detailing drug sales.
During an interview with police, Silver estimated he had sold a pound of marijuana per week for the six weeks since he had been sentenced to probation for other drug-related crimes.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday. If convicted, he could face up to $10,000 in fines and 10 years in prison.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23