A man described by police as "the main drug dealer" for many Wauwatosa high school students is sitting in jail and facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to deliver.
Jonathon "Fatty" Silver, 22, of Milwaukee, was arrested after police received a tip that he had allegedly been selling drugs to local students.
According to a criminal complaint:
Police executed a search warrant at Silver's house Sept. 2 and found 348 grams of marijuana in a bedroom safe, as well as numerous cell phones, equipment used to distribute drugs, and documents detailing drug sales.
During an interview with police, Silver estimated he had sold a pound of marijuana per week for the six weeks since he had been sentenced to probation for other drug-related crimes.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday. If convicted, he could face up to $10,000 in fines and 10 years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director