A man described by police as "the main drug dealer" for many Wauwatosa high school students is sitting in jail and facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to deliver.
Jonathon "Fatty" Silver, 22, of Milwaukee, was arrested after police received a tip that he had allegedly been selling drugs to local students.
According to a criminal complaint:
Police executed a search warrant at Silver's house Sept. 2 and found 348 grams of marijuana in a bedroom safe, as well as numerous cell phones, equipment used to distribute drugs, and documents detailing drug sales.
During an interview with police, Silver estimated he had sold a pound of marijuana per week for the six weeks since he had been sentenced to probation for other drug-related crimes.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday. If convicted, he could face up to $10,000 in fines and 10 years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances