Roundy's Supermarkets gave $2,500 to the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa today to mark the opening of the new Pick 'n Save store on Mayfair Road.
The store employs 170 people, said Vivian King, spokeswoman for Roundy's Supermarkets.
The store is the second Pick 'n Save store in Wauwatosa - the other is on State Street - and will help serve residents on the city's west side, she said.
The 60,000-square-foot store includes a pharmacy, bank and bakery, floral, meat and seafood, wine and bulk food departments.
This location, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, also offers salad and hot food bars, fresh-made sushi and the Chef's Collection of ready-made meals designed by company cooks.
The store is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval