Roundy's Supermarkets gave $2,500 to the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa today to mark the opening of the new Pick 'n Save store on Mayfair Road.
The store employs 170 people, said Vivian King, spokeswoman for Roundy's Supermarkets.
The store is the second Pick 'n Save store in Wauwatosa - the other is on State Street - and will help serve residents on the city's west side, she said.
The 60,000-square-foot store includes a pharmacy, bank and bakery, floral, meat and seafood, wine and bulk food departments.
This location, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, also offers salad and hot food bars, fresh-made sushi and the Chef's Collection of ready-made meals designed by company cooks.
The store is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority