Roundy's Supermarkets gave $2,500 to the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa today to mark the opening of the new Pick 'n Save store on Mayfair Road.
The store employs 170 people, said Vivian King, spokeswoman for Roundy's Supermarkets.
The store is the second Pick 'n Save store in Wauwatosa - the other is on State Street - and will help serve residents on the city's west side, she said.
The 60,000-square-foot store includes a pharmacy, bank and bakery, floral, meat and seafood, wine and bulk food departments.
This location, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, also offers salad and hot food bars, fresh-made sushi and the Chef's Collection of ready-made meals designed by company cooks.
The store is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8