Roundy's Supermarkets gave $2,500 to the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa today to mark the opening of the new Pick 'n Save store on Mayfair Road.
The store employs 170 people, said Vivian King, spokeswoman for Roundy's Supermarkets.
The store is the second Pick 'n Save store in Wauwatosa - the other is on State Street - and will help serve residents on the city's west side, she said.
The 60,000-square-foot store includes a pharmacy, bank and bakery, floral, meat and seafood, wine and bulk food departments.
This location, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, also offers salad and hot food bars, fresh-made sushi and the Chef's Collection of ready-made meals designed by company cooks.
The store is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event