Although teams already have practiced and played at the Hart Park Sport Complex, the city has not officially acknowledged the opening of the new athletic facilities.
That will be taken care of Friday, when a ribbon-cutting ceremony is held during halftime of the Wauwatosa East vs. Marquette high school football game.
The park is owned and maintained by the city; Mayor Jill Didier will lead the ceremony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances