Jessica Heenan's carrot cake won the Taste of Tosa baking contest, run in conjunction with TosaFest.
A panel of judges that included chefs and managers from area restaurants, hungry Wauwatosa firefighters and members of the public chose her dish as their top choice.
The judges also picked the best chili cookoff entry: Milwaukee Famous Racing Sausage Chili by Brett Jasinski. He has entered the contest in prior years, but this time he got his first win.
The following bakers also placed in the contest: Catherine Rose Bryant, second place for her White Chocolate Lemon Heaven; Trini Keane, third for Irish Whiskey Walnut Cake with Toffee; Jody Zanton, fourth for Bailey's Cheesecake; Mary Baker, fifth for Toffee Coffee Cake; and Betty Zurawski, sixth for Macaroon Mountain.
The following chili cooks were recognized for their recipes: Al Stramowski, second for Surreal Surr'AL' Chili; Melanie Neal, third for Bald Guys Chili; Ken Gehling, fourth for Hickory Smoked Lamb Chili; and Mary Baker, fifth for Chicken Chili Masala.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting