Jessica Heenan's carrot cake won the Taste of Tosa baking contest, run in conjunction with TosaFest.
A panel of judges that included chefs and managers from area restaurants, hungry Wauwatosa firefighters and members of the public chose her dish as their top choice.
The judges also picked the best chili cookoff entry: Milwaukee Famous Racing Sausage Chili by Brett Jasinski. He has entered the contest in prior years, but this time he got his first win.
The following bakers also placed in the contest: Catherine Rose Bryant, second place for her White Chocolate Lemon Heaven; Trini Keane, third for Irish Whiskey Walnut Cake with Toffee; Jody Zanton, fourth for Bailey's Cheesecake; Mary Baker, fifth for Toffee Coffee Cake; and Betty Zurawski, sixth for Macaroon Mountain.
The following chili cooks were recognized for their recipes: Al Stramowski, second for Surreal Surr'AL' Chili; Melanie Neal, third for Bald Guys Chili; Ken Gehling, fourth for Hickory Smoked Lamb Chili; and Mary Baker, fifth for Chicken Chili Masala.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality