A 17-year-old Wauwatosa boy is accused of sideswiping a fire hydrant and striking a tree during a drunken drive home from TosaFest at 10:55 p.m. Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Several homeowners in the 6100 block of Washington Circle reported they had heard the sound of squealing tires followed by a series of crashes.
Officers followed the trail of vehicle fluid and broken car parts to a home down the block, where a severely damaged vehicle was parked. The air bags had been deployed, a tire flattened and windows broken. The front end and passenger-side door were dented. The teen was sitting on the ground with a few scratches on his shoulder, but otherwise unharmed.
He said a friend had bought him drinks while he was at TosaFest, but that he thought he was sober enough to drive home. After knocking into the fire hydrant, he struck a tree head on, put his car in reverse and headed down the street to his house.
He had a 0.17 blood-alcohol content, so officers arrested the teen for drunken driving.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department