A 17-year-old Wauwatosa boy is accused of sideswiping a fire hydrant and striking a tree during a drunken drive home from TosaFest at 10:55 p.m. Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Several homeowners in the 6100 block of Washington Circle reported they had heard the sound of squealing tires followed by a series of crashes.
Officers followed the trail of vehicle fluid and broken car parts to a home down the block, where a severely damaged vehicle was parked. The air bags had been deployed, a tire flattened and windows broken. The front end and passenger-side door were dented. The teen was sitting on the ground with a few scratches on his shoulder, but otherwise unharmed.
He said a friend had bought him drinks while he was at TosaFest, but that he thought he was sober enough to drive home. After knocking into the fire hydrant, he struck a tree head on, put his car in reverse and headed down the street to his house.
He had a 0.17 blood-alcohol content, so officers arrested the teen for drunken driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances