A 17-year-old Wauwatosa boy is accused of sideswiping a fire hydrant and striking a tree during a drunken drive home from TosaFest at 10:55 p.m. Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Several homeowners in the 6100 block of Washington Circle reported they had heard the sound of squealing tires followed by a series of crashes.
Officers followed the trail of vehicle fluid and broken car parts to a home down the block, where a severely damaged vehicle was parked. The air bags had been deployed, a tire flattened and windows broken. The front end and passenger-side door were dented. The teen was sitting on the ground with a few scratches on his shoulder, but otherwise unharmed.
He said a friend had bought him drinks while he was at TosaFest, but that he thought he was sober enough to drive home. After knocking into the fire hydrant, he struck a tree head on, put his car in reverse and headed down the street to his house.
He had a 0.17 blood-alcohol content, so officers arrested the teen for drunken driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: From a personal quest to a rug store in Tosa
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Updated: Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams Paint Store (1)
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)