People dealing with a rocky relationship might say that love bites. But that description would be accurate in the case of a local couple.
A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for battery for biting her boyfriend six times at his Wauwatosa residence Sept. 5.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple had been drinking at a bar, but when the woman began getting loud and confrontational, the boyfriend told her he thought it was time to leave. But the woman wasn't ready to call it a night. Instead, she wanted to go to a friend's birthday party.
When they got back to his house, they continued to argue and she lunged for him with her mouth. He ended up with deep bite marks on his chest, abdomen, shoulder and elbow.
The man said she clung on to him with her teeth, but he was afraid to hit her because he didn't want to be arrested. He called 911 at 9:15 p.m., which only enraged her more. She continued biting him until she heard sirens, then she ran.
As officers were interviewing the boyfriend, the woman walked back into the house and up the stairs. An officer told her to stop, so she clung to the staircase and had to be forcibly removed. She also resisted getting into the squad car.
The woman has been referred to the district attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair