A 43-year-old Milwaukee man accused of robbing a woman at the bus stop at 68th Street and Wisconsin Avenue on Sept. 3 was arrested for disorderly conduct.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman told police that the man approached her as she was walking to the bus stop at 11 p.m., and that he said he was going to walk with her. She said he walked with her and asked her for cigarettes.
While she was sitting on a bench speaking to another man, she felt the 43-year-old touch her left arm near where her purse handles were. After sitting at the bus stop for a while, she decided to run to the bus stop at 68th and State streets because she felt nervous.
As she attempted to run, she told police, the man grabbed on to her purse, which was on her left arm. The woman ran, and her cell phone fell out of her purse.
The man told police that the woman just ran off, and he saw her cell phone on the ground. He picked it up, but never used it. He said he never grabbed her purse, and didn’t take or find any of her property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers