Wauwatosa — The Common Council has created an economic development manager's position, a post that, if filled by the council, could cost up to $150,000 per year.
The council on Tuesday also approved Mayor Jill Didier's six appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee, which is taking up some of the functions of the now-defunct Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp.
A seventh appointee, an alderman to be chosen by the council, is expected to be named Sept. 15.
The council will decide, perhaps later this year, whether to fund and fill the economic development manager post. The advisory committee will make recommendations for the scope of the job.
Didier appointed Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the committee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum