Wauwatosa — The Common Council has created an economic development manager's position, a post that, if filled by the council, could cost up to $150,000 per year.
The council on Tuesday also approved Mayor Jill Didier's six appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee, which is taking up some of the functions of the now-defunct Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp.
A seventh appointee, an alderman to be chosen by the council, is expected to be named Sept. 15.
The council will decide, perhaps later this year, whether to fund and fill the economic development manager post. The advisory committee will make recommendations for the scope of the job.
Didier appointed Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the committee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director