Wauwatosa — The Common Council has created an economic development manager's position, a post that, if filled by the council, could cost up to $150,000 per year.
The council on Tuesday also approved Mayor Jill Didier's six appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee, which is taking up some of the functions of the now-defunct Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp.
A seventh appointee, an alderman to be chosen by the council, is expected to be named Sept. 15.
The council will decide, perhaps later this year, whether to fund and fill the economic development manager post. The advisory committee will make recommendations for the scope of the job.
Didier appointed Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the committee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated