Wauwatosa — The Common Council has created an economic development manager's position, a post that, if filled by the council, could cost up to $150,000 per year.
The council on Tuesday also approved Mayor Jill Didier's six appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee, which is taking up some of the functions of the now-defunct Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp.
A seventh appointee, an alderman to be chosen by the council, is expected to be named Sept. 15.
The council will decide, perhaps later this year, whether to fund and fill the economic development manager post. The advisory committee will make recommendations for the scope of the job.
Didier appointed Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the committee.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?