Wauwatosa — The Common Council has created an economic development manager's position, a post that, if filled by the council, could cost up to $150,000 per year.
The council on Tuesday also approved Mayor Jill Didier's six appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee, which is taking up some of the functions of the now-defunct Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp.
A seventh appointee, an alderman to be chosen by the council, is expected to be named Sept. 15.
The council will decide, perhaps later this year, whether to fund and fill the economic development manager post. The advisory committee will make recommendations for the scope of the job.
Didier appointed Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the committee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options