Wauwatosa — The Common Council will vote on whether to create an economic development manager's position and whether to approve Mayor Jill Didier's appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Both items are on the agenda for Tuesday night's meeting, which starts at 7.
City Administrator Jim Archambo said that if the council approves creating the position, the council would later have to approve a job description, which would determine the level of salary and benefits. The maximum compensation is projected to be $150,000, he said.
The committee and the manager's position created disagreement in the council's Community Development Community Committee, according to minutes of the committee's last meeting.
Didier is appointing Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the advisory committee.
The committee is taking up some of the functions of the former Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp. and was recommended in a May report by an economic development consultant. The public-private corporation was dissolved in June.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!