Wauwatosa — The Common Council will vote on whether to create an economic development manager's position and whether to approve Mayor Jill Didier's appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Both items are on the agenda for Tuesday night's meeting, which starts at 7.
City Administrator Jim Archambo said that if the council approves creating the position, the council would later have to approve a job description, which would determine the level of salary and benefits. The maximum compensation is projected to be $150,000, he said.
The committee and the manager's position created disagreement in the council's Community Development Community Committee, according to minutes of the committee's last meeting.
Didier is appointing Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the advisory committee.
The committee is taking up some of the functions of the former Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp. and was recommended in a May report by an economic development consultant. The public-private corporation was dissolved in June.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?