Wauwatosa — The Common Council will vote on whether to create an economic development manager's position and whether to approve Mayor Jill Didier's appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Both items are on the agenda for Tuesday night's meeting, which starts at 7.
City Administrator Jim Archambo said that if the council approves creating the position, the council would later have to approve a job description, which would determine the level of salary and benefits. The maximum compensation is projected to be $150,000, he said.
The committee and the manager's position created disagreement in the council's Community Development Community Committee, according to minutes of the committee's last meeting.
Didier is appointing Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the advisory committee.
The committee is taking up some of the functions of the former Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp. and was recommended in a May report by an economic development consultant. The public-private corporation was dissolved in June.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download