Wauwatosa — The Common Council will vote on whether to create an economic development manager's position and whether to approve Mayor Jill Didier's appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Both items are on the agenda for Tuesday night's meeting, which starts at 7.
City Administrator Jim Archambo said that if the council approves creating the position, the council would later have to approve a job description, which would determine the level of salary and benefits. The maximum compensation is projected to be $150,000, he said.
The committee and the manager's position created disagreement in the council's Community Development Community Committee, according to minutes of the committee's last meeting.
Didier is appointing Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the advisory committee.
The committee is taking up some of the functions of the former Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp. and was recommended in a May report by an economic development consultant. The public-private corporation was dissolved in June.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series