Wauwatosa — The Common Council will vote on whether to create an economic development manager's position and whether to approve Mayor Jill Didier's appointments to the city's new Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Both items are on the agenda for Tuesday night's meeting, which starts at 7.
City Administrator Jim Archambo said that if the council approves creating the position, the council would later have to approve a job description, which would determine the level of salary and benefits. The maximum compensation is projected to be $150,000, he said.
The committee and the manager's position created disagreement in the council's Community Development Community Committee, according to minutes of the committee's last meeting.
Didier is appointing Joseph Bartolotta, Kathryn Kuhn Dirkse, Timothy Kronquist, Michael Richards, Robert Simi and Jaclynn Walsh to the advisory committee.
The committee is taking up some of the functions of the former Wauwatosa Economic Development Corp. and was recommended in a May report by an economic development consultant. The public-private corporation was dissolved in June.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety