A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for his second drunken driving offense in the Mayfair Mall parking lot, this time while driving a stolen vehicle.
His vehicle was seen speeding, so an officer tried to pull him over, but the teen drove into the mall lot, got out and started running. The chase ended when the driver tried to enter the mall.
An officer grabbed him, they both fell to the ground and the driver hit his head on the sidewalk. He was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin for medical attention at 7:14 p.m. Aug. 14.
He refused to have his blood-alcohol content tested. He was on probation for a drunken driving arrest in June.
The teen was also arrested for driving after his license had been revoked and trespassing because he had been banned in 2007 from entering Mayfair Mall for five years.
The passenger, a 16-year-old Milwaukee man, was arrested for underage drinking. He also made a run for it, but he headed to the Aurora Medical Center on 104th Street and North Avenue, where he pretended he was checking in for an appointment.
The passenger had been released from juvenile detention 24 hours earlier for his involvement in a strong arm robbery.
A license plate check showed the vehicle had been stolen from a Milwaukee residence the prior day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event