Christmas is more than four months away, but Wauwatosa is getting a jump start on holiday planning.
The Forestry Department is looking for a tree to serve as the city's official 2009 holiday tree.
Traditionally, a large tree is donated by a Wauwatosa family. The forestry staff does a site visit to make sure the quality and shape are appropriate and that removal is possible.
If the criteria is met, staff will cut down and moves the tree to the Village, where it is prepped for the annual tree lighting, which is scheduled for Dec. 5.
Residents interested in possibly providing the holiday tree can call the Forestry Department at (414) 471-8420.
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (3)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (17)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?