Christmas is more than four months away, but Wauwatosa is getting a jump start on holiday planning.
The Forestry Department is looking for a tree to serve as the city's official 2009 holiday tree.
Traditionally, a large tree is donated by a Wauwatosa family. The forestry staff does a site visit to make sure the quality and shape are appropriate and that removal is possible.
If the criteria is met, staff will cut down and moves the tree to the Village, where it is prepped for the annual tree lighting, which is scheduled for Dec. 5.
Residents interested in possibly providing the holiday tree can call the Forestry Department at (414) 471-8420.
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Roznowski, Calarco, voting in schools, abandoned dog
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 5
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village