Christmas is more than four months away, but Wauwatosa is getting a jump start on holiday planning.
The Forestry Department is looking for a tree to serve as the city's official 2009 holiday tree.
Traditionally, a large tree is donated by a Wauwatosa family. The forestry staff does a site visit to make sure the quality and shape are appropriate and that removal is possible.
If the criteria is met, staff will cut down and moves the tree to the Village, where it is prepped for the annual tree lighting, which is scheduled for Dec. 5.
Residents interested in possibly providing the holiday tree can call the Forestry Department at (414) 471-8420.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30