Christmas is more than four months away, but Wauwatosa is getting a jump start on holiday planning.
The Forestry Department is looking for a tree to serve as the city's official 2009 holiday tree.
Traditionally, a large tree is donated by a Wauwatosa family. The forestry staff does a site visit to make sure the quality and shape are appropriate and that removal is possible.
If the criteria is met, staff will cut down and moves the tree to the Village, where it is prepped for the annual tree lighting, which is scheduled for Dec. 5.
Residents interested in possibly providing the holiday tree can call the Forestry Department at (414) 471-8420.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23