Christmas is more than four months away, but Wauwatosa is getting a jump start on holiday planning.
The Forestry Department is looking for a tree to serve as the city's official 2009 holiday tree.
Traditionally, a large tree is donated by a Wauwatosa family. The forestry staff does a site visit to make sure the quality and shape are appropriate and that removal is possible.
If the criteria is met, staff will cut down and moves the tree to the Village, where it is prepped for the annual tree lighting, which is scheduled for Dec. 5.
Residents interested in possibly providing the holiday tree can call the Forestry Department at (414) 471-8420.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events
- Block Legal Services opens in Wauwatosa
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events