A 62-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 1200 block of Glenview Avenue at 4:23 a.m. Aug. 5 after relieving himself on private property, according to a Wauwatosa Police Department report.
Also according to the report:
The owner of an apartment building on Glenview Avenue had reported on at least three prior occasions that an unknown person had defecated along the north side of the building.
The officer checked the building for fresh feces about 2 a.m. Aug. 5, but found none.
About 4:20 a.m., officers saw a man standing on the sidewalk near the bus stop in front of the apartment building. An officer asked the man if he knew anything about the prior incidents. The man said he did not and that he has never seen anyone in the area while he waits for the bus.
After checking the property again, the officer found a pile of feces.
The man then admitted to defecating along the building at least two or three times in the past. He said he does this because he “just has to go.”
He said he never knew it was wrong to defecate on someone else’s property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade