A 41-year-old Wauwatosa woman was punched in the face and robbed in front of Walgreen’s, 2656 Wauwatosa Ave., at 7:41 p.m. Sunday, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
According to the report:
The woman was walking toward her car when she noticed a man sitting on the curb. As she walked closer to the man, he stood up, turned around and punched her in the left temple. The woman fell to the ground and “blacked out” for a moment.
As she was falling to the ground, the man grabbed her pocketbook, which contained a $200 cell phone, a Social Security card, debit card and credit card.
The man then ran off with another man.
The woman was taken to Froedtert Hospital because she had facial and neck pain.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting
- Business Spotlight: Jenny Kyle Smith hits the sweet spot after years of struggle
- Hart Park Senior Center in Wauwatosa having a busy month
- In Our Schools: Feb. 11