A 41-year-old Wauwatosa woman was punched in the face and robbed in front of Walgreen’s, 2656 Wauwatosa Ave., at 7:41 p.m. Sunday, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
According to the report:
The woman was walking toward her car when she noticed a man sitting on the curb. As she walked closer to the man, he stood up, turned around and punched her in the left temple. The woman fell to the ground and “blacked out” for a moment.
As she was falling to the ground, the man grabbed her pocketbook, which contained a $200 cell phone, a Social Security card, debit card and credit card.
The man then ran off with another man.
The woman was taken to Froedtert Hospital because she had facial and neck pain.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa