A 41-year-old Wauwatosa woman was punched in the face and robbed in front of Walgreen’s, 2656 Wauwatosa Ave., at 7:41 p.m. Sunday, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
According to the report:
The woman was walking toward her car when she noticed a man sitting on the curb. As she walked closer to the man, he stood up, turned around and punched her in the left temple. The woman fell to the ground and “blacked out” for a moment.
As she was falling to the ground, the man grabbed her pocketbook, which contained a $200 cell phone, a Social Security card, debit card and credit card.
The man then ran off with another man.
The woman was taken to Froedtert Hospital because she had facial and neck pain.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands