Wauwatosa — A new charter school, the Tosa School of the Trades, is scheduled to open for the 2009-'10 school year.
On Monday, the city Plan Commission is scheduled to vote on a permit to allow the school to operate in the Fisher Building, 12101 W. North Ave.
The school will provide training in the mechanical and building trades to 11th- and 12th-grade students, according to a brochure.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director