A 37-year-old Greendale man has been arrested for driving under the influence of drugs after he drove from Greendale to Wauwatosa while his 1-1/2-year-old daughter was sleeping in the back seat.
According to a Wauwatosa police:
The man was driving near Southridge on Sunday afternoon when another driver saw him striking the curb and driving through several stoplights before she lost sight of him.
Officers tracked him to the 8400 block of Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa, about 10 miles away, where he was driving in the parking lane and nearly struck another car.
Background records showed two prior drunken driving arrests. The man told police he had not been drinking and that he has attended regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings since March. But he did say he was taking several prescription drugs for anxiety, pain and depression.
Officers looked into the vehicle and saw the girl asleep in her car seat, which was not properly buckled into the car. Officers brought the toddler to the police station until her mother was located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event