A 37-year-old Greendale man has been arrested for driving under the influence of drugs after he drove from Greendale to Wauwatosa while his 1-1/2-year-old daughter was sleeping in the back seat.
According to a Wauwatosa police:
The man was driving near Southridge on Sunday afternoon when another driver saw him striking the curb and driving through several stoplights before she lost sight of him.
Officers tracked him to the 8400 block of Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa, about 10 miles away, where he was driving in the parking lane and nearly struck another car.
Background records showed two prior drunken driving arrests. The man told police he had not been drinking and that he has attended regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings since March. But he did say he was taking several prescription drugs for anxiety, pain and depression.
Officers looked into the vehicle and saw the girl asleep in her car seat, which was not properly buckled into the car. Officers brought the toddler to the police station until her mother was located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- World War II vets take flight
- School Briefs: April 17
- Police Report: April 8
- City says goodbye to 'Mr. Wauwatosa'
- Culinary competitions heat up Wauwatosa School District
- Whitman students advance to state contest
- News & Notes: April 10