A 37-year-old Greendale man has been arrested for driving under the influence of drugs after he drove from Greendale to Wauwatosa while his 1-1/2-year-old daughter was sleeping in the back seat.
According to a Wauwatosa police:
The man was driving near Southridge on Sunday afternoon when another driver saw him striking the curb and driving through several stoplights before she lost sight of him.
Officers tracked him to the 8400 block of Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa, about 10 miles away, where he was driving in the parking lane and nearly struck another car.
Background records showed two prior drunken driving arrests. The man told police he had not been drinking and that he has attended regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings since March. But he did say he was taking several prescription drugs for anxiety, pain and depression.
Officers looked into the vehicle and saw the girl asleep in her car seat, which was not properly buckled into the car. Officers brought the toddler to the police station until her mother was located.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes