A 37-year-old Greendale man has been arrested for driving under the influence of drugs after he drove from Greendale to Wauwatosa while his 1-1/2-year-old daughter was sleeping in the back seat.
According to a Wauwatosa police:
The man was driving near Southridge on Sunday afternoon when another driver saw him striking the curb and driving through several stoplights before she lost sight of him.
Officers tracked him to the 8400 block of Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa, about 10 miles away, where he was driving in the parking lane and nearly struck another car.
Background records showed two prior drunken driving arrests. The man told police he had not been drinking and that he has attended regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings since March. But he did say he was taking several prescription drugs for anxiety, pain and depression.
Officers looked into the vehicle and saw the girl asleep in her car seat, which was not properly buckled into the car. Officers brought the toddler to the police station until her mother was located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding