A Milwaukee man has been charged with pimping after Wauwatosa police conducted a sting operation at local hotels.
According to police reports:
Johnny Grady, 41, operated prostitution service called Five Star Quality Entertainment and he had allegedly booked rooms at the Super 8 motel, 115 N. Mayfair Road, 36 times since February. He had also booked rooms at other Wauwatosa hotels.
On Thursday, police collared Grady when he showed up at the motel to collect his cut of the $125 payment from a prostitute, who was actually a police informant. Also arrested was the customer, a 37-year-old Waukesha man, whose name is not being reported because he has not yet been charged with a crime.
The sting came as the result of complaints from hotel managers of prostitution and drug activity.
Grady is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility. He is scheduled to go before the judge on the felony charge Aug. 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop