A Milwaukee man has been charged with pimping after Wauwatosa police conducted a sting operation at local hotels.
According to police reports:
Johnny Grady, 41, operated prostitution service called Five Star Quality Entertainment and he had allegedly booked rooms at the Super 8 motel, 115 N. Mayfair Road, 36 times since February. He had also booked rooms at other Wauwatosa hotels.
On Thursday, police collared Grady when he showed up at the motel to collect his cut of the $125 payment from a prostitute, who was actually a police informant. Also arrested was the customer, a 37-year-old Waukesha man, whose name is not being reported because he has not yet been charged with a crime.
The sting came as the result of complaints from hotel managers of prostitution and drug activity.
Grady is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility. He is scheduled to go before the judge on the felony charge Aug. 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Dec. 25, 2014
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Public Forum: Drop-off center restrictions add inconvenience
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18