The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality