The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000