The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30