The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools