The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)