The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers