The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (4)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2
- Wauwatosa News IQ: June 25
- Woman arrested, accused of stealing $3,613 in cologne at Mayfair Collection
- Seeing East Tosa success, ‘Mid Town’ seeks its own brand (1)
- Village of Wauwatosa launches valet service (1)
- 18-year-old charged in two Wauwatosa burglaries