The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to black belt
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on southbound 45
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2