The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28