The Wauwatosa Fire Department will set side-by-side fires during Tosa's Night Out to show residents the effectiveness of fire sprinklers in a building.
The live burn is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hart Park as part of an evening of safety-focused activities. The demonstration will show the rapid speed and destruction of a home fire in a structure that does not use fire safety technology vs. a structure equipped with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
Sprinklers can stop fires from spreading and protect firefighters from injuries, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school