Division of Motor Vehicles offices will be closed Friday due to mandated furloughs for state employees.
The automated phone system will remain in operation so people can make road-test appointments and access recorded information. Services such as vehicle registration renewal can be performed online at any time.
In addition, titling and registration services are offered by many third-party partners, such as police stations, grocery stores and financial institutions around the state. Information can be found at dot.wisconsin.gov.
DMV staff members are required to take off eight days per year for the next two years as a way to cut costs in the state budget. All DMV offices will resume business Aug. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11