Division of Motor Vehicles offices will be closed Friday due to mandated furloughs for state employees.
The automated phone system will remain in operation so people can make road-test appointments and access recorded information. Services such as vehicle registration renewal can be performed online at any time.
In addition, titling and registration services are offered by many third-party partners, such as police stations, grocery stores and financial institutions around the state. Information can be found at dot.wisconsin.gov.
DMV staff members are required to take off eight days per year for the next two years as a way to cut costs in the state budget. All DMV offices will resume business Aug. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School