Division of Motor Vehicles offices will be closed Friday due to mandated furloughs for state employees.
The automated phone system will remain in operation so people can make road-test appointments and access recorded information. Services such as vehicle registration renewal can be performed online at any time.
In addition, titling and registration services are offered by many third-party partners, such as police stations, grocery stores and financial institutions around the state. Information can be found at dot.wisconsin.gov.
DMV staff members are required to take off eight days per year for the next two years as a way to cut costs in the state budget. All DMV offices will resume business Aug. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16