A total of 1,171 students are projected to attend Wauwatosa schools in 2009-10 through Open Enrollment.
Based on funding levels from the 2008-09 school year, these students will bring in an estimated $7.3 million.
Open Enrollment students make up about 17 percent of Wauwatosa's 6,800 student body. In addition, about 300 nonresident students attend the district through Chapter 220.
Of those 1,171 students, 730 attended the district through Open Enrollment during 2008-09. Seventy-nine are students who last year attended the district on a tuition waiver and will continue by way of Open Enrollment.
On April 8, the School Board opened 113 new Open Enrollment seats, of which 99 have been filled.
On June 2, board members voted to add 263 Open Enrollment seats to make up for a projected budget gap. As of July 27, 36 students had yet to accept or decline their seats, but officials said they expect all the seats to be filled. The district can approve students from its waiting list until the third week in August.
- Tosa Farmers Market opens June 4 with new manager, new vendors
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 2
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 22 - 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Youth group raises funds by planting pink flamingos
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- School Notes: June 2
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo