A Wauwatosa Police Department sting investigation resulted in the arrest of a 29-year-Milwaukee man who allegedly had been selling drugs at a local gas station.
Reginald Davant Abbott III was charged Friday with felony drug possession with intent to deliver. He is expected to appear before the judge today for a bond hearing.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An informant arranged to purchase one pound of marijuana from Abbott in the parking lot of Encore night club in Milwaukee. When officers stopped Abbott's vehicle, they found the drugs and made an arrest. Abbott said he had found the marijuana on the side of the road.
A search of Abbott's home resulted in more than 130 more grams of marijuana, several cell phones, marijuana pipes, drug paraphernalia with cocaine residue on it and a loaded semi-automatic handgun. Jars containing cash and coins were stashed throughout the house.
He told officers he had fallen on hard times because he has been unemployed six months.
Police originally became aware of the man because of his alleged drug sales at a Wauwatosa gas station.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)