A Wauwatosa Police Department sting investigation resulted in the arrest of a 29-year-Milwaukee man who allegedly had been selling drugs at a local gas station.
Reginald Davant Abbott III was charged Friday with felony drug possession with intent to deliver. He is expected to appear before the judge today for a bond hearing.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An informant arranged to purchase one pound of marijuana from Abbott in the parking lot of Encore night club in Milwaukee. When officers stopped Abbott's vehicle, they found the drugs and made an arrest. Abbott said he had found the marijuana on the side of the road.
A search of Abbott's home resulted in more than 130 more grams of marijuana, several cell phones, marijuana pipes, drug paraphernalia with cocaine residue on it and a loaded semi-automatic handgun. Jars containing cash and coins were stashed throughout the house.
He told officers he had fallen on hard times because he has been unemployed six months.
Police originally became aware of the man because of his alleged drug sales at a Wauwatosa gas station.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4