Milwaukee County sheriff’s deputies are looking for suspects in two golf cart joyrides at county parks. The incidents caused minor property damage.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a call reporting that three golf carts were missing from their parking stalls at Currie Park Golf Course, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:30 a.m. July 14. They were found abandoned in a wooded area near the ninth hole. Tire marks were left on the course, and flags were damaged on two greens.
Three nights later, police received a report of three missing golf carts, this time at Hansen Golf Course, 9800 Underwood Parkway. A security cable that was hooked to the carts had been cut. A hacksaw was left on the ground.
The carts were found on the gravel road that connects to Hoyt Park.
Deputies assigned to the area for the summer to patrol park activity have met with The Park People, a group of advocates for county parks. They are determining ways to better secure golf carts so the public will not have any after-hours access, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Kim Brooks said today.
Deputies also have been canvassing the surrounding neighborhoods to see if anyone has noticed suspicious activity.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?