Milwaukee County sheriff’s deputies are looking for suspects in two golf cart joyrides at county parks. The incidents caused minor property damage.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a call reporting that three golf carts were missing from their parking stalls at Currie Park Golf Course, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:30 a.m. July 14. They were found abandoned in a wooded area near the ninth hole. Tire marks were left on the course, and flags were damaged on two greens.
Three nights later, police received a report of three missing golf carts, this time at Hansen Golf Course, 9800 Underwood Parkway. A security cable that was hooked to the carts had been cut. A hacksaw was left on the ground.
The carts were found on the gravel road that connects to Hoyt Park.
Deputies assigned to the area for the summer to patrol park activity have met with The Park People, a group of advocates for county parks. They are determining ways to better secure golf carts so the public will not have any after-hours access, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Kim Brooks said today.
Deputies also have been canvassing the surrounding neighborhoods to see if anyone has noticed suspicious activity.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills