Milwaukee County sheriff’s deputies are looking for suspects in two golf cart joyrides at county parks. The incidents caused minor property damage.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a call reporting that three golf carts were missing from their parking stalls at Currie Park Golf Course, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:30 a.m. July 14. They were found abandoned in a wooded area near the ninth hole. Tire marks were left on the course, and flags were damaged on two greens.
Three nights later, police received a report of three missing golf carts, this time at Hansen Golf Course, 9800 Underwood Parkway. A security cable that was hooked to the carts had been cut. A hacksaw was left on the ground.
The carts were found on the gravel road that connects to Hoyt Park.
Deputies assigned to the area for the summer to patrol park activity have met with The Park People, a group of advocates for county parks. They are determining ways to better secure golf carts so the public will not have any after-hours access, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Kim Brooks said today.
Deputies also have been canvassing the surrounding neighborhoods to see if anyone has noticed suspicious activity.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes