The Friends of Hart Park Foundation got the OK today to sell benches and picnic tables for use in Hart Park.
The Parks Board approved allowing 4- and 6-foot long benches and picnic tables made of recycled plastic to be placed throughout the park. Similar to the Buy-a-Bleacher project taking place for the park's new football stadium, donors will contribute the money to buy the seating fixtures and in return will receive an engraved memorial plaque.
As the money comes in, the Friends will purchase benches from Deerfield-based Allen Ventures. Eventually, the group would like to see the seating dotting the park - along the walking trails and in front of the senior center to the future picnic and playground area and a formal garden where engagement and wedding photos could be taken.
The shorter bench costs $368, the longer one is $440, and picnic tables cost $549.
To contact the Friends, visit ihartpark.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3