The Friends of Hart Park Foundation got the OK today to sell benches and picnic tables for use in Hart Park.
The Parks Board approved allowing 4- and 6-foot long benches and picnic tables made of recycled plastic to be placed throughout the park. Similar to the Buy-a-Bleacher project taking place for the park's new football stadium, donors will contribute the money to buy the seating fixtures and in return will receive an engraved memorial plaque.
As the money comes in, the Friends will purchase benches from Deerfield-based Allen Ventures. Eventually, the group would like to see the seating dotting the park - along the walking trails and in front of the senior center to the future picnic and playground area and a formal garden where engagement and wedding photos could be taken.
The shorter bench costs $368, the longer one is $440, and picnic tables cost $549.
To contact the Friends, visit ihartpark.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?