The Friends of Hart Park Foundation got the OK today to sell benches and picnic tables for use in Hart Park.
The Parks Board approved allowing 4- and 6-foot long benches and picnic tables made of recycled plastic to be placed throughout the park. Similar to the Buy-a-Bleacher project taking place for the park's new football stadium, donors will contribute the money to buy the seating fixtures and in return will receive an engraved memorial plaque.
As the money comes in, the Friends will purchase benches from Deerfield-based Allen Ventures. Eventually, the group would like to see the seating dotting the park - along the walking trails and in front of the senior center to the future picnic and playground area and a formal garden where engagement and wedding photos could be taken.
The shorter bench costs $368, the longer one is $440, and picnic tables cost $549.
To contact the Friends, visit ihartpark.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa