The Friends of Hart Park Foundation got the OK today to sell benches and picnic tables for use in Hart Park.
The Parks Board approved allowing 4- and 6-foot long benches and picnic tables made of recycled plastic to be placed throughout the park. Similar to the Buy-a-Bleacher project taking place for the park's new football stadium, donors will contribute the money to buy the seating fixtures and in return will receive an engraved memorial plaque.
As the money comes in, the Friends will purchase benches from Deerfield-based Allen Ventures. Eventually, the group would like to see the seating dotting the park - along the walking trails and in front of the senior center to the future picnic and playground area and a formal garden where engagement and wedding photos could be taken.
The shorter bench costs $368, the longer one is $440, and picnic tables cost $549.
To contact the Friends, visit ihartpark.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)