State Rep. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, was honored Friday by her peers as Legislator of the Year at the 36th annual American Legislative Exchange Council meeting in Atlanta.
The award goes to council members who have distinguished themselves by advancing, introducing and/or enacting policies based on the fundamental Jeffersonian principles of free markets, limited government, federalism and individual liberty, according to a news release issued today by the council.
Vukmir has served the 14th Assembly District since 2002, and she sits on the Health and Health Care Reform Committee, on which she worked in 2007 to stop a government-run health care proposal in Wisconsin.
The American Legislative Exchange Council is a national, nonpartisan organization of state legislators.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3