State Rep. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, was honored Friday by her peers as Legislator of the Year at the 36th annual American Legislative Exchange Council meeting in Atlanta.
The award goes to council members who have distinguished themselves by advancing, introducing and/or enacting policies based on the fundamental Jeffersonian principles of free markets, limited government, federalism and individual liberty, according to a news release issued today by the council.
Vukmir has served the 14th Assembly District since 2002, and she sits on the Health and Health Care Reform Committee, on which she worked in 2007 to stop a government-run health care proposal in Wisconsin.
The American Legislative Exchange Council is a national, nonpartisan organization of state legislators.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19