State Rep. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, was honored Friday by her peers as Legislator of the Year at the 36th annual American Legislative Exchange Council meeting in Atlanta.
The award goes to council members who have distinguished themselves by advancing, introducing and/or enacting policies based on the fundamental Jeffersonian principles of free markets, limited government, federalism and individual liberty, according to a news release issued today by the council.
Vukmir has served the 14th Assembly District since 2002, and she sits on the Health and Health Care Reform Committee, on which she worked in 2007 to stop a government-run health care proposal in Wisconsin.
The American Legislative Exchange Council is a national, nonpartisan organization of state legislators.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers
- wnt_senior meals_1008
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center (2)
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events