State Rep. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, was honored Friday by her peers as Legislator of the Year at the 36th annual American Legislative Exchange Council meeting in Atlanta.
The award goes to council members who have distinguished themselves by advancing, introducing and/or enacting policies based on the fundamental Jeffersonian principles of free markets, limited government, federalism and individual liberty, according to a news release issued today by the council.
Vukmir has served the 14th Assembly District since 2002, and she sits on the Health and Health Care Reform Committee, on which she worked in 2007 to stop a government-run health care proposal in Wisconsin.
The American Legislative Exchange Council is a national, nonpartisan organization of state legislators.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue