Wauwatosa police are looking for clues in connection with a burglary at a Mayfair Road liquor store in which more than 100 bottles of liquor - valued at more than $5,000 - were taken.
The break-in took place last week at the Mayfair Liquor Mart, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, police said.
Police believe more than one burglar must have been involved due to the large amount of merchandise removed: 30 bottles of champagne, 32 of cognac, 28 of vodka, three of tequila, three of whiskey, seven of gin and six of various liqueurs, and three cartons of cigarettes.
The rear door of the building was broken prior to 12:50 a.m. Wednesday and a hammer was found behind the service counter, police said.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes