Wauwatosa police are looking for clues in connection with a burglary at a Mayfair Road liquor store in which more than 100 bottles of liquor - valued at more than $5,000 - were taken.
The break-in took place last week at the Mayfair Liquor Mart, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, police said.
Police believe more than one burglar must have been involved due to the large amount of merchandise removed: 30 bottles of champagne, 32 of cognac, 28 of vodka, three of tequila, three of whiskey, seven of gin and six of various liqueurs, and three cartons of cigarettes.
The rear door of the building was broken prior to 12:50 a.m. Wednesday and a hammer was found behind the service counter, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?