Wauwatosa police are looking for clues in connection with a burglary at a Mayfair Road liquor store in which more than 100 bottles of liquor - valued at more than $5,000 - were taken.
The break-in took place last week at the Mayfair Liquor Mart, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, police said.
Police believe more than one burglar must have been involved due to the large amount of merchandise removed: 30 bottles of champagne, 32 of cognac, 28 of vodka, three of tequila, three of whiskey, seven of gin and six of various liqueurs, and three cartons of cigarettes.
The rear door of the building was broken prior to 12:50 a.m. Wednesday and a hammer was found behind the service counter, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa