Wauwatosa police are looking for clues in connection with a burglary at a Mayfair Road liquor store in which more than 100 bottles of liquor - valued at more than $5,000 - were taken.
The break-in took place last week at the Mayfair Liquor Mart, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, police said.
Police believe more than one burglar must have been involved due to the large amount of merchandise removed: 30 bottles of champagne, 32 of cognac, 28 of vodka, three of tequila, three of whiskey, seven of gin and six of various liqueurs, and three cartons of cigarettes.
The rear door of the building was broken prior to 12:50 a.m. Wednesday and a hammer was found behind the service counter, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- World War II vets take flight
- School Briefs: April 17
- Police Report: April 8
- City says goodbye to 'Mr. Wauwatosa'
- Culinary competitions heat up Wauwatosa School District
- Whitman students advance to state contest
- News & Notes: April 10