Wauwatosa residents will be able to shop for fresh produce, locally made items and crafts by area artisans in 2010, thanks to a group of residents who have spent the past several months working to bring a farmers market to the city.
Organizers had hoped to get a weekly market up and running this summer, but found few vendors available on short notice. However, residents will get a taste this year of the regionally grown foods to come with a harvest festival Sept. 26.
The market will operate from the municipal parking lot behind The Little Red Store, 7720 Harwood Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8