Wauwatosa residents will be able to shop for fresh produce, locally made items and crafts by area artisans in 2010, thanks to a group of residents who have spent the past several months working to bring a farmers market to the city.
Organizers had hoped to get a weekly market up and running this summer, but found few vendors available on short notice. However, residents will get a taste this year of the regionally grown foods to come with a harvest festival Sept. 26.
The market will operate from the municipal parking lot behind The Little Red Store, 7720 Harwood Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31