Wauwatosa residents will be able to shop for fresh produce, locally made items and crafts by area artisans in 2010, thanks to a group of residents who have spent the past several months working to bring a farmers market to the city.
Organizers had hoped to get a weekly market up and running this summer, but found few vendors available on short notice. However, residents will get a taste this year of the regionally grown foods to come with a harvest festival Sept. 26.
The market will operate from the municipal parking lot behind The Little Red Store, 7720 Harwood Ave.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30