Wauwatosa residents will be able to shop for fresh produce, locally made items and crafts by area artisans in 2010, thanks to a group of residents who have spent the past several months working to bring a farmers market to the city.
Organizers had hoped to get a weekly market up and running this summer, but found few vendors available on short notice. However, residents will get a taste this year of the regionally grown foods to come with a harvest festival Sept. 26.
The market will operate from the municipal parking lot behind The Little Red Store, 7720 Harwood Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series