Police arrested a former Wauwatosa teacher on potential charges of child enticement after, according to an affidavit for a search warrant, his wife found computer screen shots that showed sexually explicit chats with two teenage girls, including a family baby sitter.
The baby sitter later told investigators the man had indecently touched her while his wife and a son were out of the house, trapping her against a wall in the kitchen, according to the affidavit.
The warrant was to seek evidence including computer records.
The man was a part-time employee at Underwood Elementary School and on a one-year contract that ended at the end of the school year, a Wauwatosa School District spokesman said.
According to the affidavit:
Police had searched the man's home computer in June after receiving reports of what was described in the affidavit as an inappropriate video of his children that was posted on YouTube.
The man's wife told an officer that she searched her husband's BlackBerry because she suspected he was cheating on her.
The wife found text messages between her husband and an underage girl. She gave that to investigators as well as a Facebook message the man sent a couple of years ago to a baby sitter, who is now 18.
The baby sitter described several encounters to officers, incidents in which she said the man kissed her and sent her flowers.
He sent the baby sitter a sexually explicit picture and asked the teen to flash him in exchange, she told police.
Wauwatosa Police Department spokesman Lt. Dominic Leone said the man was taken into custody Wednesday.
Officers are still collecting information for the district attorney's office to review in considering charges, Leone said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances