A self-storage facility may soon be coming to North 124th Street.
Edwin Reitan of Reitan Architects requested a conditional-use permit to operate in an existing industrial building and four outbuildings at 4480 N. 124th St.
The Plan Commission recommended approval with a vote of 6-1 Monday night. The Community Development Committee also voted in unanimous support Tuesday night.
Commissioner John Albert was the lone vote in opposition, voicing concern about security issues. The business would be staffed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but storage unit renters would have access to the facility using keyless entering from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Other commissioners said they see a need for a business of this type in the city and they believe the idea that storage facilities are targets for crime is a fallacy.
The Common Council is expected to take action on the issue Tuesday night.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23