An Illinois man who was in Milwaukee for the weekend series between the Brewers and Los Angeles Dodgers found the trip cost him a lot more money than he thought - about $8,700 more.
After the Friday game, the man and his brother patronized several downtown Milwaukee bars and met three women whom they invited back to the Days Inn, 11811 W. Blue Mound Road.
Along the way, they stopped at an automated-teller machine. Because he was intoxicated, one of the ladies helped him punch in his account information.
Once they got to the hotel, one of the women started kissing the man. But she stopped abruptly and told her friends it was time to leave.
The next morning, when he sobered up, the man realized his debit card was missing from his pants pocket. A call to his bank revealed that $8,700 had been taken from his checking and savings accounts and spent at Milwaukee area Wal-Mart and Walgreens stores between 2:30 and 6:45 a.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28