An Illinois man who was in Milwaukee for the weekend series between the Brewers and Los Angeles Dodgers found the trip cost him a lot more money than he thought - about $8,700 more.
After the Friday game, the man and his brother patronized several downtown Milwaukee bars and met three women whom they invited back to the Days Inn, 11811 W. Blue Mound Road.
Along the way, they stopped at an automated-teller machine. Because he was intoxicated, one of the ladies helped him punch in his account information.
Once they got to the hotel, one of the women started kissing the man. But she stopped abruptly and told her friends it was time to leave.
The next morning, when he sobered up, the man realized his debit card was missing from his pants pocket. A call to his bank revealed that $8,700 had been taken from his checking and savings accounts and spent at Milwaukee area Wal-Mart and Walgreens stores between 2:30 and 6:45 a.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Pedestrian killed in crash at Bluemound and Mayfair roads
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 25
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa's Fair Trade is a retail shop in the 'helping people' sector
- Business Notes: Sept. 25
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village