An Illinois man who was in Milwaukee for the weekend series between the Brewers and Los Angeles Dodgers found the trip cost him a lot more money than he thought - about $8,700 more.
After the Friday game, the man and his brother patronized several downtown Milwaukee bars and met three women whom they invited back to the Days Inn, 11811 W. Blue Mound Road.
Along the way, they stopped at an automated-teller machine. Because he was intoxicated, one of the ladies helped him punch in his account information.
Once they got to the hotel, one of the women started kissing the man. But she stopped abruptly and told her friends it was time to leave.
The next morning, when he sobered up, the man realized his debit card was missing from his pants pocket. A call to his bank revealed that $8,700 had been taken from his checking and savings accounts and spent at Milwaukee area Wal-Mart and Walgreens stores between 2:30 and 6:45 a.m.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26