An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested twice within a week for shoplifting from Macy's and trespassing at Mayfair Mall
According to Wauwatosa police:
On July 7, the man was seen pulling on car door handles throughout the parking lot. Then he was seen entering a vehicle, which officers searched and found $330 in stolen merchandise from Macy's. They also arrested two of his friends - 18 and 19 year-old Milwaukee men - for retail theft inside the mall.
Officers also found a bag of fine white powder that to the man's luck turned out to be Parmesan cheese. He told officers he found it on the floor in the mall and thought he had stumbled upon free drugs.
A background check showed the man had been banned from entering the mall until 2011 because of a disorderly conduct incident, so he was cited for trespassing.
The arrests did not do much to keep him away from Mayfair, however.
On Sunday, he was again arrested for retail theft and trespassing in Macy's at 4 p.m. Security staff found sensors on the fitting room floor after he exited. When they stopped him, they found $235 in clothing stuffed up his pants legs.
He gave a fake name, but staff recognized him from the prior incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School
- Ask NOW: When will the Menomonee River Parkway be repaved?
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat