An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested twice within a week for shoplifting from Macy's and trespassing at Mayfair Mall
According to Wauwatosa police:
On July 7, the man was seen pulling on car door handles throughout the parking lot. Then he was seen entering a vehicle, which officers searched and found $330 in stolen merchandise from Macy's. They also arrested two of his friends - 18 and 19 year-old Milwaukee men - for retail theft inside the mall.
Officers also found a bag of fine white powder that to the man's luck turned out to be Parmesan cheese. He told officers he found it on the floor in the mall and thought he had stumbled upon free drugs.
A background check showed the man had been banned from entering the mall until 2011 because of a disorderly conduct incident, so he was cited for trespassing.
The arrests did not do much to keep him away from Mayfair, however.
On Sunday, he was again arrested for retail theft and trespassing in Macy's at 4 p.m. Security staff found sensors on the fitting room floor after he exited. When they stopped him, they found $235 in clothing stuffed up his pants legs.
He gave a fake name, but staff recognized him from the prior incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18