An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested twice within a week for shoplifting from Macy's and trespassing at Mayfair Mall
According to Wauwatosa police:
On July 7, the man was seen pulling on car door handles throughout the parking lot. Then he was seen entering a vehicle, which officers searched and found $330 in stolen merchandise from Macy's. They also arrested two of his friends - 18 and 19 year-old Milwaukee men - for retail theft inside the mall.
Officers also found a bag of fine white powder that to the man's luck turned out to be Parmesan cheese. He told officers he found it on the floor in the mall and thought he had stumbled upon free drugs.
A background check showed the man had been banned from entering the mall until 2011 because of a disorderly conduct incident, so he was cited for trespassing.
The arrests did not do much to keep him away from Mayfair, however.
On Sunday, he was again arrested for retail theft and trespassing in Macy's at 4 p.m. Security staff found sensors on the fitting room floor after he exited. When they stopped him, they found $235 in clothing stuffed up his pants legs.
He gave a fake name, but staff recognized him from the prior incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade