A Wauwatosa man was robbed at gunpoint Sunday morning on Honey Creek Parkway at 68th Street.
According to Wauwatosa police:
He had taken a cab to his girlfriend's house in after a night out bar-hopping. When she did not answer the door, he decided to walk home.
He noticed that a car had stopped and saw the driver jump out. The driver ran over to him with a gun in his hand and demanded money. When the victim said he did not have any cash, the driver took his wallet, cell phone and keys, valued at $220. The suspect then he returned to his car and drove away.
The man went back to his girlfriend's house because he did not have a phone or keys to get in his house. He took officers to the spot of the robbery and found the keys had been dropped nearby.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa