A Wauwatosa man was robbed at gunpoint Sunday morning on Honey Creek Parkway at 68th Street.
According to Wauwatosa police:
He had taken a cab to his girlfriend's house in after a night out bar-hopping. When she did not answer the door, he decided to walk home.
He noticed that a car had stopped and saw the driver jump out. The driver ran over to him with a gun in his hand and demanded money. When the victim said he did not have any cash, the driver took his wallet, cell phone and keys, valued at $220. The suspect then he returned to his car and drove away.
The man went back to his girlfriend's house because he did not have a phone or keys to get in his house. He took officers to the spot of the robbery and found the keys had been dropped nearby.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23