A Wauwatosa man was robbed at gunpoint Sunday morning on Honey Creek Parkway at 68th Street.
According to Wauwatosa police:
He had taken a cab to his girlfriend's house in after a night out bar-hopping. When she did not answer the door, he decided to walk home.
He noticed that a car had stopped and saw the driver jump out. The driver ran over to him with a gun in his hand and demanded money. When the victim said he did not have any cash, the driver took his wallet, cell phone and keys, valued at $220. The suspect then he returned to his car and drove away.
The man went back to his girlfriend's house because he did not have a phone or keys to get in his house. He took officers to the spot of the robbery and found the keys had been dropped nearby.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 4
- On The Move: September 4
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students