Company presidents typically work hard to protect their business interests.
But for James Kloth, the president of Kloth Tax Advisory Group, that meant tackling a thief who was trying to get away with company property.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Kloth walked out to the reception area in the building at 3077 N. Mayfair Road to see if an afternoon appointment had arrived July 7.
Instead, he found a man carrying a duffle bag looking around the room. The man said he had been looking for a job fair and asked Kloth if he could use a phone to call for the correct location. Kloth grew suspicious when he heard the man talking to an automated message.
A quick look around showed a projector and laptop computer missing from the nearby conference room.
The man realized Kloth was on to him, so he started to run. After a chase, the executive tackled the thief and wrestled away the equipment, which was valued at $3,100.
The thief got away and ran from the building.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94