Company presidents typically work hard to protect their business interests.
But for James Kloth, the president of Kloth Tax Advisory Group, that meant tackling a thief who was trying to get away with company property.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Kloth walked out to the reception area in the building at 3077 N. Mayfair Road to see if an afternoon appointment had arrived July 7.
Instead, he found a man carrying a duffle bag looking around the room. The man said he had been looking for a job fair and asked Kloth if he could use a phone to call for the correct location. Kloth grew suspicious when he heard the man talking to an automated message.
A quick look around showed a projector and laptop computer missing from the nearby conference room.
The man realized Kloth was on to him, so he started to run. After a chase, the executive tackled the thief and wrestled away the equipment, which was valued at $3,100.
The thief got away and ran from the building.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval