Company presidents typically work hard to protect their business interests.
But for James Kloth, the president of Kloth Tax Advisory Group, that meant tackling a thief who was trying to get away with company property.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Kloth walked out to the reception area in the building at 3077 N. Mayfair Road to see if an afternoon appointment had arrived July 7.
Instead, he found a man carrying a duffle bag looking around the room. The man said he had been looking for a job fair and asked Kloth if he could use a phone to call for the correct location. Kloth grew suspicious when he heard the man talking to an automated message.
A quick look around showed a projector and laptop computer missing from the nearby conference room.
The man realized Kloth was on to him, so he started to run. After a chase, the executive tackled the thief and wrestled away the equipment, which was valued at $3,100.
The thief got away and ran from the building.
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie