Waukesha — A former Wauwatosa East High School teacher on Monday was placed on two years of probation and ordered to serve 15 days in the Waukesha County Jail on marijuana charges.Roger K. Payne, 47, had pleaded guilty earlier in Waukesha County Circuit Court to marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and obstructing an officer at his City of Pewaukee home.
Payne also was ordered to pay $264 in penalties and court costs. His driver's license was revoked.
Police arrested Payne in his condominium in December after he reported the theft of $1,500 to police.
The suspect named by Payne admitted that he took a quarter-pound of marijuana, not cash, according to a criminal complaint.
The suspect told police that Payne would regularly host parties for underage people, including former students, according to a police report. He told police that party-goers would regularly smoke marijuana or use mushrooms and cocaine at Payne's residence, the report says.
A police search turned up $6,400, four bongs, four glass pipes, numerous bags of marijuana, a magazine about marijuana and four pornographic movies, a search warrant says.
Payne has since resigned his teaching position, a Wauwatosa school official said Monday. He had been with the district for 25 years.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition