Waukesha — A former Wauwatosa East High School teacher on Monday was placed on two years of probation and ordered to serve 15 days in the Waukesha County Jail on marijuana charges.Roger K. Payne, 47, had pleaded guilty earlier in Waukesha County Circuit Court to marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and obstructing an officer at his City of Pewaukee home.
Payne also was ordered to pay $264 in penalties and court costs. His driver's license was revoked.
Police arrested Payne in his condominium in December after he reported the theft of $1,500 to police.
The suspect named by Payne admitted that he took a quarter-pound of marijuana, not cash, according to a criminal complaint.
The suspect told police that Payne would regularly host parties for underage people, including former students, according to a police report. He told police that party-goers would regularly smoke marijuana or use mushrooms and cocaine at Payne's residence, the report says.
A police search turned up $6,400, four bongs, four glass pipes, numerous bags of marijuana, a magazine about marijuana and four pornographic movies, a search warrant says.
Payne has since resigned his teaching position, a Wauwatosa school official said Monday. He had been with the district for 25 years.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders