Waukesha — A former Wauwatosa East High School teacher on Monday was placed on two years of probation and ordered to serve 15 days in the Waukesha County Jail on marijuana charges.Roger K. Payne, 47, had pleaded guilty earlier in Waukesha County Circuit Court to marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and obstructing an officer at his City of Pewaukee home.
Payne also was ordered to pay $264 in penalties and court costs. His driver's license was revoked.
Police arrested Payne in his condominium in December after he reported the theft of $1,500 to police.
The suspect named by Payne admitted that he took a quarter-pound of marijuana, not cash, according to a criminal complaint.
The suspect told police that Payne would regularly host parties for underage people, including former students, according to a police report. He told police that party-goers would regularly smoke marijuana or use mushrooms and cocaine at Payne's residence, the report says.
A police search turned up $6,400, four bongs, four glass pipes, numerous bags of marijuana, a magazine about marijuana and four pornographic movies, a search warrant says.
Payne has since resigned his teaching position, a Wauwatosa school official said Monday. He had been with the district for 25 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal