Waukesha — A former Wauwatosa East High School teacher on Monday was placed on two years of probation and ordered to serve 15 days in the Waukesha County Jail on marijuana charges.Roger K. Payne, 47, had pleaded guilty earlier in Waukesha County Circuit Court to marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and obstructing an officer at his City of Pewaukee home.
Payne also was ordered to pay $264 in penalties and court costs. His driver's license was revoked.
Police arrested Payne in his condominium in December after he reported the theft of $1,500 to police.
The suspect named by Payne admitted that he took a quarter-pound of marijuana, not cash, according to a criminal complaint.
The suspect told police that Payne would regularly host parties for underage people, including former students, according to a police report. He told police that party-goers would regularly smoke marijuana or use mushrooms and cocaine at Payne's residence, the report says.
A police search turned up $6,400, four bongs, four glass pipes, numerous bags of marijuana, a magazine about marijuana and four pornographic movies, a search warrant says.
Payne has since resigned his teaching position, a Wauwatosa school official said Monday. He had been with the district for 25 years.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30