Waukesha — The third person in Waukesha County charged after a multi-county federal, state and local investigation into heroin overdoses made his first court appearance Thursday.
Bail was set at $50,000 Thursday for Jason M. Lund, 24, of Wauwatosa, who is being held in the Waukesha County Jail. He faces charges of party to the crime along with Candice J. Haid, 21, of Waukesha in the heroin overdose death of David Knuth, 25, of Pewaukee. Knuth overdosed July 3, 2008, and died two days later at Waukesha Memorial Hospital, according to a criminal complaint.
Haid pleaded no contest and was convicted earlier this month. Her sentencing is Sept. 14.
Lund also is charged in the heroin overdose death of Andrew M. Goetzke, 19, of the Village of Pewaukee, according to the criminal complaint. Goetzke died June 6, 2008.
Twenty-seven people from Milwaukee, Chicago and Waukesha County were arrested last year as the result of an investigation called Operation Lake Effect by federal, state and local authorities that began in early 2007.
Luke J. Bandkowski, 29, of Genesee is the third man charged in Waukesha County. He was convicted in May in the death Feb. 21, 2008, of Jeffrey Topczewski, 22, of Muskego and the death Dec. 30, 2007, of Joshua J. Carroll, 26, of the Town of Waukesha. His sentencing is Aug. 10.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (10)