Waukesha — The third person in Waukesha County charged after a multi-county federal, state and local investigation into heroin overdoses made his first court appearance Thursday.
Bail was set at $50,000 Thursday for Jason M. Lund, 24, of Wauwatosa, who is being held in the Waukesha County Jail. He faces charges of party to the crime along with Candice J. Haid, 21, of Waukesha in the heroin overdose death of David Knuth, 25, of Pewaukee. Knuth overdosed July 3, 2008, and died two days later at Waukesha Memorial Hospital, according to a criminal complaint.
Haid pleaded no contest and was convicted earlier this month. Her sentencing is Sept. 14.
Lund also is charged in the heroin overdose death of Andrew M. Goetzke, 19, of the Village of Pewaukee, according to the criminal complaint. Goetzke died June 6, 2008.
Twenty-seven people from Milwaukee, Chicago and Waukesha County were arrested last year as the result of an investigation called Operation Lake Effect by federal, state and local authorities that began in early 2007.
Luke J. Bandkowski, 29, of Genesee is the third man charged in Waukesha County. He was convicted in May in the death Feb. 21, 2008, of Jeffrey Topczewski, 22, of Muskego and the death Dec. 30, 2007, of Joshua J. Carroll, 26, of the Town of Waukesha. His sentencing is Aug. 10.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?