A 27-year-old Milwaukee woman and her 29-year-old husband have been arrested and recommended for homicide charges in connection with a fatal accident that shut down U.S. Highway 45 for several hours Saturday, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
According to the department:
The woman was driving a red Ford Focus shortly before noon northbound on the highway as she argued with her husband. Near Mayfair Road, she lost control of the car, crashing into a black sport utility vehicle on its left side and then a motorcycle on the car's right.
The impact caused the motorcycle to explode and sent the motorcyclist off a bridge and onto Underwood Parkway. The 54-year-old West Milwaukee motorcyclist was declared dead at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.
Neither the 30-year-old Franklin woman driving the SUV nor her 2-year-old son, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was injured.
The Ford rolled over three times after the accident. The driver and her husband were taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of injuries.
The man was later released from the hospital and taken to the county correctional facility to await possible charges from the Milwaukee County district attorney's office of homicide by negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (5)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes