A 27-year-old Milwaukee woman and her 29-year-old husband have been arrested and recommended for homicide charges in connection with a fatal accident that shut down U.S. Highway 45 for several hours Saturday, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
According to the department:
The woman was driving a red Ford Focus shortly before noon northbound on the highway as she argued with her husband. Near Mayfair Road, she lost control of the car, crashing into a black sport utility vehicle on its left side and then a motorcycle on the car's right.
The impact caused the motorcycle to explode and sent the motorcyclist off a bridge and onto Underwood Parkway. The 54-year-old West Milwaukee motorcyclist was declared dead at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.
Neither the 30-year-old Franklin woman driving the SUV nor her 2-year-old son, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was injured.
The Ford rolled over three times after the accident. The driver and her husband were taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of injuries.
The man was later released from the hospital and taken to the county correctional facility to await possible charges from the Milwaukee County district attorney's office of homicide by negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting