A 27-year-old Milwaukee woman and her 29-year-old husband have been arrested and recommended for homicide charges in connection with a fatal accident that shut down U.S. Highway 45 for several hours Saturday, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
According to the department:
The woman was driving a red Ford Focus shortly before noon northbound on the highway as she argued with her husband. Near Mayfair Road, she lost control of the car, crashing into a black sport utility vehicle on its left side and then a motorcycle on the car's right.
The impact caused the motorcycle to explode and sent the motorcyclist off a bridge and onto Underwood Parkway. The 54-year-old West Milwaukee motorcyclist was declared dead at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.
Neither the 30-year-old Franklin woman driving the SUV nor her 2-year-old son, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was injured.
The Ford rolled over three times after the accident. The driver and her husband were taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of injuries.
The man was later released from the hospital and taken to the county correctional facility to await possible charges from the Milwaukee County district attorney's office of homicide by negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday