A 42-year-old Milwaukee man with a blood-alcohol content more than four times the legal limit drove his daughter to school Thursday after partying all night long.
Wauwatosa police arrested him for drunken driving after they received reports of a vehicle striking a curb in the 7000 block of Maple Terrace at 12:10 p.m. Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The driver said he went to a party at 10 p.m. and drank until he returned home at 11 a.m. He had a nearly empty bottle of whisky in his vehicle.
When he got home, he wanted to go to bed, but his daughter asked for a ride to school; he said he didn't want to let her down.
Officers were not able to determine where his daughter attended school because the man was so intoxicated he believed he was in the area of Sixth Street and Layton Avenue.
His BAC was 0.34.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?