A 42-year-old Milwaukee man with a blood-alcohol content more than four times the legal limit drove his daughter to school Thursday after partying all night long.
Wauwatosa police arrested him for drunken driving after they received reports of a vehicle striking a curb in the 7000 block of Maple Terrace at 12:10 p.m. Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The driver said he went to a party at 10 p.m. and drank until he returned home at 11 a.m. He had a nearly empty bottle of whisky in his vehicle.
When he got home, he wanted to go to bed, but his daughter asked for a ride to school; he said he didn't want to let her down.
Officers were not able to determine where his daughter attended school because the man was so intoxicated he believed he was in the area of Sixth Street and Layton Avenue.
His BAC was 0.34.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings