A 42-year-old Milwaukee man with a blood-alcohol content more than four times the legal limit drove his daughter to school Thursday after partying all night long.
Wauwatosa police arrested him for drunken driving after they received reports of a vehicle striking a curb in the 7000 block of Maple Terrace at 12:10 p.m. Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The driver said he went to a party at 10 p.m. and drank until he returned home at 11 a.m. He had a nearly empty bottle of whisky in his vehicle.
When he got home, he wanted to go to bed, but his daughter asked for a ride to school; he said he didn't want to let her down.
Officers were not able to determine where his daughter attended school because the man was so intoxicated he believed he was in the area of Sixth Street and Layton Avenue.
His BAC was 0.34.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2