Jason Wilke last night was sworn in as 8th District alderman, marking the first time since March that the Wauwatosa Common Council has seen all 16 seats filled since Wilke's predecessor, Craig Maher, vacated the seat.
As expected, the council unanimously approved Wilke's appointment without discussion. A selection committee on June 11 recommended Wilke over five other candidates.
The new alderman's family was present to snap photos as he took the oath of office and shook hands with fellow 8th District Alderman Robert Dennik.
Wilke will serve as alderman until April, when the position will be up for election and voters will choose their own alderman. Until then, Wilke will receive normal aldermanic pay, which is $350 per month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anthony Nash of Wauwatosa East wins EFW T-shirt design contest
- Tosa Skatepark seeks graphic designer for firefly image
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015