Jason Wilke last night was sworn in as 8th District alderman, marking the first time since March that the Wauwatosa Common Council has seen all 16 seats filled since Wilke's predecessor, Craig Maher, vacated the seat.
As expected, the council unanimously approved Wilke's appointment without discussion. A selection committee on June 11 recommended Wilke over five other candidates.
The new alderman's family was present to snap photos as he took the oath of office and shook hands with fellow 8th District Alderman Robert Dennik.
Wilke will serve as alderman until April, when the position will be up for election and voters will choose their own alderman. Until then, Wilke will receive normal aldermanic pay, which is $350 per month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting