A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office deputy was arrested for drunken driving and endangering safety by possessing a dangerous weapon in Wauwatosa on Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Scott Kuhtz, 46, of Wauwatosa, was pulled over in the 7300 block of North Avenue at 9:14 a.m. after another driver reported a reckless driver that tried to ram his vehicle.
When an officer approached his vehicle, Kuhtz identified himself as a sheriff's deputy. Police took a Glock handgun from his shoulder holster before performing sobriety tests.
His blood-alcohol was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
He was referred to the Milwaukee County's District Attorney's Office. His charging hearing has been postponed until July 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum