A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office deputy was arrested for drunken driving and endangering safety by possessing a dangerous weapon in Wauwatosa on Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Scott Kuhtz, 46, of Wauwatosa, was pulled over in the 7300 block of North Avenue at 9:14 a.m. after another driver reported a reckless driver that tried to ram his vehicle.
When an officer approached his vehicle, Kuhtz identified himself as a sheriff's deputy. Police took a Glock handgun from his shoulder holster before performing sobriety tests.
His blood-alcohol was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
He was referred to the Milwaukee County's District Attorney's Office. His charging hearing has been postponed until July 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home