A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office deputy was arrested for drunken driving and endangering safety by possessing a dangerous weapon in Wauwatosa on Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Scott Kuhtz, 46, of Wauwatosa, was pulled over in the 7300 block of North Avenue at 9:14 a.m. after another driver reported a reckless driver that tried to ram his vehicle.
When an officer approached his vehicle, Kuhtz identified himself as a sheriff's deputy. Police took a Glock handgun from his shoulder holster before performing sobriety tests.
His blood-alcohol was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
He was referred to the Milwaukee County's District Attorney's Office. His charging hearing has been postponed until July 10.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (20)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28