A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office deputy was arrested for drunken driving and endangering safety by possessing a dangerous weapon in Wauwatosa on Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Scott Kuhtz, 46, of Wauwatosa, was pulled over in the 7300 block of North Avenue at 9:14 a.m. after another driver reported a reckless driver that tried to ram his vehicle.
When an officer approached his vehicle, Kuhtz identified himself as a sheriff's deputy. Police took a Glock handgun from his shoulder holster before performing sobriety tests.
His blood-alcohol was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
He was referred to the Milwaukee County's District Attorney's Office. His charging hearing has been postponed until July 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Egg-ceptional characters decorate Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings