A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office deputy was arrested for drunken driving and endangering safety by possessing a dangerous weapon in Wauwatosa on Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Scott Kuhtz, 46, of Wauwatosa, was pulled over in the 7300 block of North Avenue at 9:14 a.m. after another driver reported a reckless driver that tried to ram his vehicle.
When an officer approached his vehicle, Kuhtz identified himself as a sheriff's deputy. Police took a Glock handgun from his shoulder holster before performing sobriety tests.
His blood-alcohol was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
He was referred to the Milwaukee County's District Attorney's Office. His charging hearing has been postponed until July 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City offers developers financial assistance for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring