A 26-year-old West Allis man accused of robbing a convenience store and then grabbing a bite to eat at a nearby George Webb was arrested Thursday, Wauwatosa police said.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The clerk was preparing for to close the Open Pantry Citgo, 11216 W. Blue Mound Road, at 10:51 p.m. Tuesday, when a man wearing a bright orange ski mask and camouflage clothing entered the store carrying a switchblade knife.
The robber demanded money, so the clerk handed him some cash and he fled. A customer was able to get to get the robber's license plate number.
After leaving the gas station, the robber went to a nearby George Webb to eat, and to dispose of the mask and knife. He allegedly told officers he needed money to support his heroin habit.
Video footage showed the same man had been in casing the store hours earlier.
Police were familiar with the man from previous robberies and drunken driving incidents. He was referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes