A 26-year-old West Allis man accused of robbing a convenience store and then grabbing a bite to eat at a nearby George Webb was arrested Thursday, Wauwatosa police said.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The clerk was preparing for to close the Open Pantry Citgo, 11216 W. Blue Mound Road, at 10:51 p.m. Tuesday, when a man wearing a bright orange ski mask and camouflage clothing entered the store carrying a switchblade knife.
The robber demanded money, so the clerk handed him some cash and he fled. A customer was able to get to get the robber's license plate number.
After leaving the gas station, the robber went to a nearby George Webb to eat, and to dispose of the mask and knife. He allegedly told officers he needed money to support his heroin habit.
Video footage showed the same man had been in casing the store hours earlier.
Police were familiar with the man from previous robberies and drunken driving incidents. He was referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands